I’m one of those people that loves breakfast. In fact, most days it’s the only thing that motivates me to get up in the morning. Needless to say, anything that keeps me from pressing the snooze button for the fourth time has to be pretty great. This blueberry coconut granola is one of those things.
You know how granola is one of those foods that always pops up on those “deceivingly unhealthy” lists? Yeah, well not this granola. This awesome, flavorful, and filling granola is much lower in sugar, fat, and weird unidentifiable ingredients than most store-bought granola. Plus, it’s completely customizable! Don’t have any dried blueberries? Use whatever dried fruit you do have, or leave out the dried fruit all together. Don’t like coconut oil? Replace it with canola oil. These are just a few basic suggestions, but you can basically add anything you want to this… (psst. That includes dark chocolate. I would fully support that decision.)
Want to know what else makes this granola awesome? It’s FAST to make. As in, 15 minutes from start to finish. You can also put it on (coconut) yogurt, (coconut) ice cream, serve it with (coconut) milk. Notice the theme here? You can also eat it plain as a snack.
Lastly, I had to share this photo with you. See that black blob in the background? That’s Cola, my black lab, daydreaming about gobbling up all of the granola the moment I turn away. Even she knows a good snack when she sees one!
- 1 Cup krispy rice cereal (gluten free if desired)
- ⅓ Cup unsweetened shaved coconut
- 1 Cup rolled oats (gluten free if desired)
- ⅓ Cup raw cashews, chopped
- 2 Tablespoons flax seed
- 2 Tablespoons chia seed
- 2 Tablespoons melted extra virgin coconut oil
- 3 Tablespoons agave nectar
- ½ Cup dried blueberries (sweetened or unsweetened)
- Preheat the oven to 350.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Combine all dry ingredients except for blueberries and toss until everything is equally distributed.
- Add coconut oil and agave and toss until everything is evenly coated.
- Lay the mixture on the parchment paper and spread everything out evenly.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes, or until the granola is light golden in color.
- Let cool for 30 minutes.
- Add blueberries and enjoy!