Hi there! I’m off to a pumpkin patch/apple orchard in just a bit, but before I go I thought I’d leave you with this new recipe for Pumpkin Spice Energy Bites, a.k.a. fall on your tongue a.k.a. your new favorite snack.
I got the inspiration for this recipe from these No-Bake Energy Bites that I love. Although my Pumpkin Energy Bites are less dense and more pumpkin-y, they embody the same concept: healthy, energizing, and filling ingredients packed into a tiny ball. These are perfect for pre and post-workout snacks, lunch boxes, after school snacks, and even dessert. I hope you enjoy these!
- 1¾ Cups Rolled Oats
- ¼ Cup Oat Flour
- ¼ Cup Roasted Pepitas (Shelled Pumpkin Seeds)
- 2 Teaspoons Ground Cinnamon
- 1 Teaspoon Pumpkin Pie Spice
- 2 Tablespoons Ground Flaxseed
- ½ Cup+2 Tablespoons Pumpkin Puree
- ¼ Cup Pure Maple Syrup
- 2 Pitted Medjool Dates (optional)
- In a medium-sized mixing bowl, combine oats, oat flour, pepitas, cinnamon, pumpkin pie spice, and flaxseed.
- In a blender or food processor, blend pumpkin puree, maple syrup, and dates until the mixture is smooth.
- Add the wet ingredients to the bowl of dry ingredients and stir to combine.
- Form the mixture into one-inch balls.
- Store in an air-tight container in the refrigerator.
- Makes 14 bites.